||1160||Charlotte participates in a women’s discussion. She talks about her bodily insecurities and an ex-boyfriend.|
||1401||Charlotte discusses problems in her career. She is regularly showing up late to work. Only 2% of Charlotte’s typical day is lived virtuously.|
||1493||Stefan and Charlotte discuss overcoming the barriers to entrepreneurship.|
Digital Content Strategist 04/2012 — present Reason Foundation – remote
– Act as project manager for our website redesign and archives digitization efforts, coordinating efforts between international third-party vendors (such as web and mobile developers) and nationally distributed Reason staffers. – Coach Reason writers and other staff on a weekly basis (one-on-one and in groups) on content strategy, providing specific feedback on proposed topics and article titles, and presenting insights gained from Google Analytics. – Conceptualize and implement social media and real-world marketing strategies. Social contests I’ve run increased Reason’s base of Facebook likes by 30% in the past year, and over 10% of those new social media followers have gone on to subscribe to the physical or e-reader editions of Reason magazine via email and direct-mail remarketing. – Foster community by managing and moderating Reason’s 10,000+ member comment section, troubleshooting problems that arise in the interpersonal or technological realms, and making sure that irate people walk away happy. – Manage advertising partner relationships and Reason.com ad sales team, identifying ways to increase ad revenue.
Web Analyst 03/2011 — 04/2012 The New York Times – New York, NY
– Developed and maintained reporting on editorial content, video content, and mobile application metrics. Identified actionable insights and recommended strategies to senior stakeholders through live presentations and written analyses. – Acted as subject matter expert for newsroom, video, and social media analytics. Assisted international team of editors in coordinating story development and promotional strategy based on data from Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, WebTrends, Flurry, Localytics, and live user-experience research. – Provided pre-sales support for digital advertising sales reps, helping to make the case for advertising on NYTimes.com
Manager , Analytics and Consumer Insights (contract) 10/2010 — 03/2011 Newsweek Magazine – New York, NY
– Led a team of 3 analysts to provide market research and strategic recommendations ahead of Newsweek’s merger with The Daily Beast. Recommended strategies for merging the two websites, building a community of loyal and active readers around the new publication, and maintaining continuity of editorial voice and user experience. – Collaborated with research and finance teams to provide competitive benchmarking and develop marketing strategy. Acted as analytics subject matter expert in marketing strategy meetings. – Provided pre-sales support for advertising sales representatives, making the case for selling both ads in the physical magazine and digital advertising on Newsweek.com
Founder and CEO 02/2009 — 10/2010 inspirIT – New York, NY
– Recruited and led an internationally distributed staff of technical subject matter experts who provided technical services (mobile app development, website /blog development, social media marketing, SEO/SEM, and content promotion) to artists, writers, and other creative professionals. – Acquired and built long-term relationships with clients from the arts and technology communities on the ground in NYC and San Francisco, and through the web using social media outreach. – Consulted with clients on their promotional and marketing strategy (both online and offline) using insights gained from web analytics data and trends research. Conceptualized and executed on promotional and marketing strategy for inspirIT itself, growing our client list and revenue.
Project Manager (contract) 01/2009 —10/2009 Bridgewater Associates – Westport, CT
– Gathered information on internal client needs and industry service benchmarks preparatory to transitioning support services from multiple internal departments into the Network Operations Center. Designed and implemented a Network Operations Associate training program based on acquired knowledge of client needs, processes, and business objectives. – Acted as project manager and technical liaison during the transition of support duties from distributed IT teams to the Network Operations Center, ensuring that client needs and service level agreements (SLAs) were being met. – Created and implemented reporting on Network Operations Center performance relative to client goals.
Co-Founder and CMO 02/2007 — 01/2009 Resurgam Consulting –London, England and Moscow, Russia
– Acted as technical lead and Scrum master on website rollouts for clients, including setting schedules and project plans and managing vendors and budgets. – Led customer acquisition and marketing efforts and managed social media engagement for both the consultancy and client projects.
Systems Analyst 02/2006 — 09/2007 Avero – New York, NY – Created a technical training program for new hires. Led new hire technical training seminars. – Acted as researcher and purchasing coordinator for new technology acquisitions. Technical Support Manager 02/2005 — 02/2006 Austin-Lloyd Marketing – Dallas, TX – Managed e-commerce web development and interactive design programs from conception through completion. – Acted as quality assurance manager/beta test lead during rollouts of subsequent software versions.
– Leadership – Agile project management, recruiting and staffing tech teams, conceptualizing and implementing digital strategy, relationship building with vendors and clients, online community management. – Web and Mobile Analytics – Omniture SiteCatalyst, Google Analytics, WebTrends, Chartbeat, Flurry, Localytics – Social Media – Facebook Insights, Radian6 (Salesforce Marketing Cloud), Shoutlet, Curalate, TrackMaven, Adobe Social – Data Visualization and Presentations – Tableau, Keynote, Powerpoint – Audio and Video – Audacity, iMovie, YouTube channel management – Blogging – WordPress, Drupal, Tumblr – Computer Languages – HTML, SQL, R – Human Languages – English (native), French (intermediate), German (basic) – Other – Training and presentations, copy editing, market research
– English Language Loan Editor, Kiva – 2012-present